Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Planning The Year Ahead

New Year is a time of celebration. It's also a time for deciding what to do in the coming year, having reflected about the past year.

Many of us make a string of resolutions and tend to forget about it days, weeks or months down the road. A lot of times why this happens is we put little thought into how we decide to go forward in the year.

Some years ago, I discovered the book, Go to Work Your Career, where I picked up a list of questions which are helpful in deciding the year or years ahead:

1. What do I want to do?

2. What do I want to learn?

3. What do I want to have?

4. What else do I want to achieve?

And, most importantly, it is necessary to find strong reasons to go for these.

In the last 2-3 years, I have used these questions to plan 1-3 years ahead, and I have grown as a result of this process.

Happiness,
Dharmendra Yadav

No comments: