Sunday, January 10, 2010

Leaving A Job

Last week, I made a decision to leave my current job. As soon as I made that decision, I informed my current employer that I had to started to apply elsewhere.

Some of my friends were surprised by the way I did so. They said that they would secure a job elsewhere before notifying their current employer.

I told them that, when I joined, I told my current employer that I believed in being transparent.

Among other things, this included letting my employer know first if I was not satisfied in the current role.

I also did this because of the limited size of my profession.

It is easy for things to go around. Information like this tends to be disclosed on an off-the-record basis between two or more parties. Sometimes, the information disclosed is distorted.

I did not want my employer to hear from another party about my impending departure.

Of course, this can only be done with certain employers, who will be willing to let you have some time to look for opportunities elsewhere.

I accept that some employers will not behave as professionally when an employee notifies them in advance about leaving the job.

Happiness,
Dharmendra Yadav

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this?

No comments: