Saturday, January 02, 2010

Motherly Reminders



Afterthoughts:

This advertisement reminded me about three things.

First, it is an important reminder of what a wealthy life should be. Unfortunately, in the pursuit of that elusive pot of gold, many of us tend to lose the plot.

Second, it is an important reminder of the influential role mothers play in our lives.

I have been blessed with three mothers in my life: my grandmother, my godmother and my biological mother. While I acquired a different set of values from each of them, they have all taught me the necessity of looking out for those you love or care about.

Finally, it is an important reminder of why one should have adequate health insurance cover.

One of my mothers is currently battling cancer. Had she not been covered, we would have faced a lot of trouble paying her medical bills.

I now find myself often asking those I am with if they have suitable health plans, and I wish more people will ask this of those they consider important.

Happiness,
Dharmendra Yadav

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Happiness, i can understand your sentiments on medical insurance. My sister was diagnosed with cancer and the medical insurance policy pretty much covered all her cost. But the policies do disclaim coverage on certain types of cancer which on close scrutiny is stated somewhere in the agreement amongst the irrelevant clauses. It is sad because then it fails you when you need it most. So i would say med insurance is not sufficient security...